Plotly, also known by its URL, Plot.ly, is an online analytics and data visualization tool, headquartered in Montreal, Quebec. Plotly provides online graphing, analytics, and statistics tools for individuals and collaboration, as well as scientific graphing libraries for Python, R, MATLAB, Perl, Julia, Arduino, and REST.

Wikipedia
Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • Data visualizations such graphs, charts, presentations, and reports represent the intersection point of your company’s data, statistics, and numbers (i.e. science) and its brand, style, and personality (i.e. art). However, this “marriage” of science and art will only be a successful one if the platform it is presented on is simple, effective, and beautiful. “Design is not just what it looks like ...

Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • “Above all else, show the data.“ -Edward Tufte, 1983 Once referred to by the New York Times as the “Leonardo da Vinci of data,” the work of data visualization expert Edward Tufte has long been an inspiration to Plotly. One of Tufte’s key principals is that good graphics present their message as simply as possible. To do this, he defined the “data-ink ratio” to turn this ‘so called’ simplicity i...

Plotly
Plotly
Page Design Update
Plotly
Plotly
Page Design Update

Plotly: Modern Visualization for the Data Era

Before Visualize Data, Together
After Plotly: Modern Visualization for the Data Era
Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website is a treasure trove of data. On a semi-regular basis, the institute publishes data visualizations using the daily freely available on the website. While the data is “freely available” on the charts, most of it isn’t downloadable or “unlocked” as such. By re-plotting it in Plotly, we “free the data,” so to speak, opening it up to future inves...

Plotly
Plotly
YouTube Video
  • In this webinar, we'll be using Plotly's R API and the Plotly platform to create and style visualizations on the Plotly platform. We'll then show how visualizations created by R can be edited in a GUI interface, and how dashboards can be created from these visualizations. We'll be focusing on defining a data science pipeline, starting with analysis in R and ending with a live dashboard.

Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • 1.8 million robots were in operation globally during 2015 according the the International Federation of Robotics, a number that is forecast to balloon to 2.6 million in the year 2019. While these “automatically controlled, reprogrammable machines” may not make workers in certain industries immediately redundant, the data show that robotic penetration is trending upward. The consequences of this l...

Plotly
Plotly
Page Design Update
Plotly
Plotly
Page Design Update
Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • According to comScore’s 2017 U.S. Cross-Platform Future in Focus, as of December 2016, 69% of digital media is consumed via a smartphone or tablet, with the remaining 31% going to desktop computers. This is in stark contrast to data from late 2013, when the smartphone/tablet vs desktop media consumption battle was very nearly 50%/50%. Amidst the height of the digital age, sharp mobile graphics ...

Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • There is a fine line between keeping your viewers interested, intrigued, and emotionally invested and crossing the line with a stunt whose main purpose is to spark their waning interest. If a television series has pulled off the latter, it is (at best) fighting an uphill battle and, at worst, on its way off the air. These critical junctures occur frequently in the world of TV entertainment, but ...

Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • Bioinfo-what?! At Plotly, we’re proud of our diverse and talented user base. In this post, we show off the work of our bioinformaticians. In case you didn’t know: Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data. As an interdisciplinary field of science, bioinformatics combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, and e...

Plotly
Plotly
Blog Post
  • “Dashboards have become popular in recent years as uniquely powerful tools for communicating important information at a glance. Although dashboards are potentially powerful, this potential is rarely realized,” says principal of the consultancy Perceptual Edge Steven Few. “The greatest display technology in the world won’t solve this if you fail to use effective visual design. And if a dashboard ...

Out-Market Your Competitors?

Get complete competitive insights on over 2.2 million companies to drive your marketing strategy.

Create Free Account Log in

By signing up, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Out-Market Your Competitors

Get complete competitive insights on over 2.2 million companies to drive your marketing strategy.

Create Free Account

Already a user?  Log in

By signing up, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.